Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Bali holiday swap items for Roberta

It has taken a long time for the holiday swap package to reach Roberta in Italy, but now that she has it at last I can reveal the contents here.
I invited Roberta to go to Bali on our virtual holiday, a place I've visited many times before. Although I'm a pretty good guide, and speak Indonesian, I thought I'd better include a guidebook, maps and phrase book for the days that Roberta wants to go off and explore by herself :) I hope too that she'll remember to wear her hat and apply the sunlotion (there's a bottle of it in the bag) - that bikini and sarong doesn't cover a lot of skin! ;) As extra encouragement for her to join me I included flight tickets as well. As you can see Roberta agreed to come along on this tropical holiday and has dropped all her things here on the beach at Sanur and has gone off to buy a cool drink before changing into her new bikini and taking a swim in the warm ocean.

It was such fun making these pieces for Roberta, and although I love 'shabby' it was a pleasure to work with some bright colours for a change, and always a pleasure to dream of Bali holidays :)

Thanks again Caterina for organising this holiday swap. I hope we can do it again next year!

(Additional comment - 22 July - the flip-flops are not my creation, they are plastic scrapbooking embellishments, but maybe someone would like to try making something similar using polymer??)

19 comments:

Anthoula said...

Norma its wonderful! Beautiful items! I hopw I could join you and Roberta in Bali...

A big kiss
Anthoula

The Old Maid said...

Beautiful minies NORMA!

Ingrid said...

The mini's are very beautiful
groetjes Ingrid

PAKY said...

Wonderful gifts Norma, I like all, is a great swap, congratulations!! hugs

Unknown said...

hi Norma !!! swap very nice !!!
mini hugs ♥
Terry

Flora said...

You just tell me how you managed to make rubber flip flops: they are fabulous! Seem true, indeed: better!
Bali is a dream destination for us Italians, and you are able to transmit the spirit of holiday :-)
Mini hugs, flora

Nina said...

I love the flip flops ;-)

Sans! said...

They are just wonderful, Norma! I have the guide book! I love the luggage with the Qantas tag and the beach bag is so well made but the little pamphlet on how to tie a sarong is plain genius!

I am not going to Bali with Rosanna this time but I will love it if I can meet you there one day, Norma. :)

Ascension said...

Enhorabuena por ese fabuloso intercambio y las preciosas miniaturas
besitos ascension

Catherine said...

Norma, Flora asked my question. How in the world did you make those flip-flops? I love it all! The suit case is fantastic! I love the color too. Not something you would have trouble identifying at the baggage pick up. :-)

Miniaturemaid said...

Norma it looks so exciting lots of lovely minis.
I forgot to tell you i mailed you a little gift a few days ago hope you like what i have sent please let me know when you recieve it
xx

Norma Bennett said...

Thanks for all your nice comments, but I have to make a confession - I DIDN'T MAKE THE FLIP-FLOPS! It didn't occur to me that anyone would think so or I would have pointed that out in my post. They are hard plastic scrapbooking accessories. However I'm sure it would be possible to 'copy' them using polymer clay - I must admit I hadn't thought of that myself. I've never used polymer but I guess I could try it in air drying clay - thanks for the idea :)

Gonda's miniature said...

Your items are also very good the slippers are great, enjoy the trip to Bali...

Lauren said...

So cute! Perfect for a day at the beach

Jo Raines said...

I love your holiday swap items, Norma! Hope you look at the exquisite, sumptuous feast I received from Leo Furtado! Now I feel bad about what I sent to Alicia-it was nowhere near all of that masterpiece I received!

Jody

miniature wonderland said...

aawww so you visit bali already.....!! so happy!! Go with me someday!! i'll show you the best ribs steak ever in Ubud!! :)

~christina

miniacollection said...

Great miniatures!
Geneviève

Pubdoll said...

How did I miss this? I love everything you made for the swap!
And how amazing to find flip-flops looking as great as these as scrapbook embellishments! Roberta must have been over the moon when she got this!

You know I'm a fan of vivid colours in doll's houses as well, although muted colours is more me in the real world.

And you speak Indonesian too, isn't there anything you can't do? :-)

miniaturista said...

Preciosa escena, propia de vacaciones, que tanto nos gusta y tan rápido se termina.
Un saludo
Maite